Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Nail Art


Christmas is almost here and if you're looking for a last-minute Christmassy manicure, you've come to the right place. I've come up with 6 designs that would be great for any Christmas parties or other festivities.

RUDOLPH NAILS:


I started with a brown base and used a black nail striper and a large dotting tool dipped in red polish for Rudolph's face and antlers.


SNOWFLAKE NAILS:


I painted all my nails red and used my smallest dotting tool to make small white "snowflakes" on all but my ring finger. On my ring finger, I used a white nail striper to draw a big, detailed snowflake.


CANDY CANE NAILS:


After painting a white base, I used red and green nail stripers to paint a pattern of one thick and two thin lines on each of my nails, making it look like a candy cane.

ORNAMENT NAILS:


I started this manicure with a pearly white base, but you can use any light-colored base you want. Then I used a red nail striper to paint a large circle towards the tip of each nail. I then used a black nail striper for each ornament's hook. The stripe on the ornaments was done with a dark green striper.

CHRISTMAS LIGHT NAILS:


This is one of my favorite manicures of this series. I, again, used a pearlized base and then used a black nail striper to paint the wire and screw-on things of the lightbulbs. I used some bright colors for the bulbs themselves. Another good idea would be alternating red and green bulbs.

PRESENT NAILS:


Though the picture doesn't quite show it justice, the base color is a dark green. For the accent nail, I used a gold nail striper to draw a criss-crossed ribbon with a bow. This manicure can easily be changed up with all sorts of colors like red, silver, blue, and white.


*** and if you noticed some of the hands don't look like mine, it's because I did some of the manicures on my sisters ***

----------------------------------

I hope each and every one of you have a very merry Christmas and I'll be back soon with a NEW YEAR'S manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment