Sunday, April 26, 2015

Virago Varnish Haul And Review


Man, have I been slacking with my blogging this month. :( I have been swamped with schoolwork lately, but in just two weeks I'll be free and clear of that for a while! Today I'll be sharing some stunning polishes from Virago Varnish with you. I picked up 6 polishes from a bunch of different collections and I'm seriously loving them! Since I really can't do justice to some of these microglitter beauties with swatch pictures, I'll be including swatch videos with some fabulous, out-of-focus, bokeh-fied, holo sparkliness!


First up is "Radiance" which is from the Hollywood Glamour collection. This one might be my favorite out of all of them. It is a vibrant teal-y blue holographic microglitter in a tinted jelly base. It's opaque in two coats. The color of this one is just stunning!















Next we have "It's Not You It's Me" from the Singles Day Awareness collection from Valentine's Day. This is a purple holographic microglitter in a purple jelly base. This one was almost completely opaque in 2 coats but I added a 3rd and it deepened the color quite nicely.
















I've been hearing so many people loving this next one so I finally broke down and bought it. "Allure" is an ultra-fine silver holographic microglitter that is opaque in two coats. This one is seriously so sparkly. I was originally not going to get it because I have Pipe Dream Polish "Cha-Ching!"  and they're basically the same, but I don't even care because they're both so pretty!
















I only picked up one polish from the new Enchanting Sirens collection for now. "Melody" is the gold version of "Allure" and is also opaque in 2 coats. I'm typically not a fan of yellow gold polishes but this one is just too beautiful! It reminds be of a treasure chest especially with the glistening holo glitter.
















Next up is the only non-microglitter I purchased. "Maize" is the perfect fall-y golden mustard yellow shade. This is such a unique polish which is why I had to pick it up! And can I just tell you, this is a one coat polish. The formula is absolute perfection. Unfortunately, my bottle has some issues with undissolved pieces of pigment which is why you see those little bumpies in my swatch, but I contacted Adrienne and she immediately got back to letting me know she sent out a new bottle for me. She's the sweetest! [[ and yes, I realize this is an extremely crappy swatch with equally crappy lighting, but I will put in a new and improved swatch once I get my replacement bottle in ]]




Lastly, we have "Stellar" which is also from the Hollywood Glamour collection. It is a mix of blue and purple holographic microglitter in a clear base. I like this one more than I thought I would. I already used it as an accent nail with Essie "Suite Retreat" from the 2015 Resort collection and they look fabulous together! This is opaque in 2 coats on it's own.
















All in all, I am loving my recent VV purchase. Adrienne has stolen my heart with these holographic microglitters! Each and every one is just so stunning -- and with fabulous formulas! If you've never boughten from Virago Varnish, I highly recommend it! And if you have, what are your favorites?? Let me know! Well, that's all for today's post. I plan on getting lots and lots of blog posts coming once I finish this semester. Until then! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment