Monday, July 1, 2013

Fourth of July Nail Art




With the Fourth of July coming up, I'm sure you have picnics and reunions coming up, along with plans to go see some fireworks. I'll be sharing some examples of red, white, and blue nail art that will show your patriotism.

Design #1

The first design is one that reflects the American flag.

Step 1:

Apply two coats of red nail polish to your nails (I used L. A. Colors Hot Blooded).


Step 2:

Using a white nail striper (I used Brash White Ever), paint vertical stripes on each nail.


Step 3:

Use a blue polish (I used Chine Glaze Frostbite) to paint a French tip on each nail.


Step 4:

Apply your top coat!

Design #2

This design requires a dotting tool to create a fun, polka dot manicure.

Step 1:

Apply two coats of a white polish (I used Jordana White).


Step 2:

Use the largest dotting tool to apply red dots to the nail. Using a smaller dotting tool, dot some smaller red dots on the nail.

Do the same with a blue polish.

(I used the same red and blue polishes as the first manicure)


Step 3:

Apply any clear top coat to seal the manicure and have it last through your patriotic festivities.

Design #3

In my blog about my new dotting tools, I showed the first manicure I did with them. My sister said it reminded her of fireworks so I decided to use some patriotic colors to enhance the look of fireworks.

Step 1:

Paint your nails two coats of a white polish (I used Jordana White).


Step 2:

Use a dotting tool to paint a dot of red polish in the center of the nail. Then alternate using blue and red polish to paint dots around the center dot.


You could even offset the position of the center dot to give the manicure a different look.

Step 3:

Apply your top coat and enjoy the fireworks!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope you enjoyed these manicures and feel free to share pictures of your patriotic manicures in the comments.

Happy Fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment