Saturday, September 14, 2013

Fun and Elegant Dotted and Striped Nail Art Design

This weekend, I experimented with some stripers and dotting tools to create this cute design.


It's a really cute and simple design that can be switched up really easily and personalized to your likings.

Step 1:


Apply your base coat. (I used two coats of Wet n Wild - I Need A Refresh-Mint)

Step 2:

 
Paint the top half of your nail with a different color. (I used Jordana - White) And don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfect because the next step will fix any unevenness.

Step 3:


Use a nail striper to draw a line along the line where the colors in steps 1 and 2 meet. (I used Brash - Bold Black)

Step 4:


Use a large dotting tool to create dots in the middle of the lines you just drew. (I used Funky Fingers - the sticker fell off so I don't know it's name. But it's black.

Step 5:


Come back in with the color you used for the top half of the nail and use a small dotting tool to make a dot in the middle of the larger dot you just made.

Step 6:


As always, apply your top coat for a glossy and long-lasting manicure.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and have fun making it unique. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment