Friday, November 13, 2015

China Glaze Cheers! Collection Review + Swatches!


Hello everyone! Ok back with another holiday collection review today! And this one ... is fabulous. It is the Cheers! collection by China Glaze. If you don't know by now, China Glaze is my favorite nail polish brand and this collection did not disappoint. There are 12 polishes in this collections with a variety of finishes. Per usual, if you'd prefer to watch or listen to my review you can head over to my VIDEO REVIEW on my YouTube channel! Now let's get to the swatches!


Son Of A Nutcracker


First off, the name!! Elf is one of my favorite Christmas movies so this is one of my favorite names in the collection for sure. This is a fiery warm-toned coral-y red with a pink shimmer. My swatch photo shows 2 coats plus topcoat. I could see a slight bit of nail line IRL if I looked for it, but not enough to need a third coat. Great formula.

Don't Get Elfed Up


This is a very dark teal jelly base with a color-shifting shimmer! It shifts from a teal to a blue to a purple. The shift isn't all too strong and it's mostly in the teal stage, but it's a super unique polish nonetheless! Swatch is 2 coats plus topcoat.

Ugly Sweater Party


On to the crazy glitters! All of the next 3 polishes have pretty tricky formulas. First up is Ugly Sweater Party, a pink jelly base with pink, silver, and purple holographic hex glitters. Shown is 2 coats plus topcoat. For these 3 glitters, I'd recommend doing 1 coat over a similar base color to avoid too chunky of a manicure.

Brand Sparkin' New Year


Next we have a purple jelly based polish with silver and purple holographic hex glitter. Again, my swatch photo shows 2 coats plus topcoat.

Coal Hands, Warm Heart


Does this not look exactly like coal?! This is probably my favorite of these 3 glitters. It is a black jelly base with periwinkle, light blue, and silver (peach?) holographic hexes. Shown is 2 coats with topcoat but I much prefer 1 coat over black. :)

Wine Down For What?


One of my faves! A delicious oxblood creme. This one had a fantastic formula, opaque in 2 coats, and just gloriously shiny. Love!
Warning: This one is a bit of a stainer on the cuticles.

Bring On The Bubbly


A perfect holiday glitter topper. This is like the gold version of China Glaze "Techno" but with a much better glitter-to-base ratio. Shown here is 1 easy-peasy coat over "Wine Down For What?".

I Soiree I Didn't Do It


Next we have "I Soiree I Didn't Do It" which is a mix of teal and blue microglitters in a sliiiiightly tinted base with some holographic bits mixed in. When I was swatching, I did abnormally thin coats so it needed 3, but I definitely think you could get away with 2 thicker coats of this.

Peppermint To Be


This is another name from the collection that I just love! It's so cute! This is a beautiful Christmas red polish with a stunning gold shimmer. I didn't really love this one at first because it was pretty similar to "Just Be-Claws" from the 2013 HoliDaze collection, but it's definitely growing on me, and I just love the name! My swatch shows 2 coats plus topcoat.

Mix And Mingle


Oh boy. This polish. This is a very cool toned purple jelly polish with a ... awful ... formula. :( This is 3 coats but there were not easy coats. And the final result isn't even that special. A pass for me. I did hear some others with a better opinion of this polish, so maybe I got a bad bottle. Who knows.

Better Not Pout


Ooh! Another love of mine! This here is a stunning fuchsia shimmer shade that is the perfect unconventional Christmas polish! This one just GLOWS off the nail. A fantastic formula with just 2 coats to be opaque.

Break The Ice


And the last beauty is this fantastic glitter topper called "Break The Ice". This is such a stunning ad unique topper that I know I'll be using a ton. It is just a whole bunch of shredded silver holographic glitters in a clear base. My swatch shows ONE coat over China Glaze "Liquid Leather" -- yes, just ONE coat. This polish is super glitter-packed, but still extremely easy to use. Perfection!

And that is my review of the China Glaze "Cheers!" collection for 2015! I love all the different finishes of this collection and the fabulous formulas [minus one] all around! So what are your favorites from the collection!

Hope you enjoyed my review & thanks for stopping by! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment