Friday, November 6, 2015

Zoya Matte Velvet Collection 2015 | Swatches & Review


Hello everyone! I have an exciting post for you today! I'll be sharing my swatches and review of the Zoya Matte Velvet collection for 2015! I was a little on the fence about this collection because there were some colors similar to last year's collection (which I will compare in this post) but I decided to just roll with it. Let's get into the swatches! And just to let you know, I have a review video up on my YouTube channel if you'd prefer to watch/listen to my review rather than read it. :)


ASPEN


First up is Aspen, a beautiful arctic white shimmer that looks incredible both matte and glossy. I think it looks just like glistening snow (not the nail polish ;)) in its matte state, but the shimmer really stands out with topcoat. My swatch photos show 3 coats but it's so worth I for this perfect winter shade.


SUE


Sue is a very light champagne-y gold shimmer. This is a super classy, neutral shade that would be perfect for a more conservative office job. This was another 3 coater, but dried very quickly.


AMAL


We've got another red matte velvet, everybody! And this is such a perfect Christmas polish. This red has a really nice formula and didn't stain the cuticles. My swatch photos show 2 easy coats. With topcoat, the shimmer on this is just incredible! 


I compared Amal to the red from last year's Matte Velvet collection, Posh. This year's is a much bright shade and is has a warmer tone, almost leaning towards scarlet. Posh, from 2014, is more of a deeper cranberry shade. I also found that this year's shimmer is more of a glass fleck in comparison to last year's finer shimmer.

Index & Ring = Amal
Middle & Pinky = Posh

IRIS


Iris is a lovely jewel-toned violet. The cap on my bottle loosened during shipping so the formula was super thick and gloopy, but I contacted the eBay seller and they sent me a new bottle and it's perfect! Nice and opaque in 2 coats. I'm usually not a fan of warmer-toned purples, but I really like this one and it's a perfect nontraditional shade for the holidays.


I was shocked to see ANOTHER purple in this year's collection after there were 2 in last year's. I only own Savita from last year and I believe this is closer to Harlow in comparison but I compared them anyways. Iris is obviously much warmer toned.

Index & Ring = Iris
Middle & Pinky = Savita

YVES


This was one of the polishes I was most excited about from the collection. A royal blue matte velvet?! Just perfect. This was nice and opaque in 2 coats, buuuuut it was a stainer. A bit of a letdown but that's often the way these blues roll, but this color is SO worth it. Especially with topcoat, this thing's got some serious sparkle! Just make sure you don't forget your base coat. :)


HONOR


How perfectly Christmas-y is this polish?! This is a beautful pine green matte velvet with a great formula. My swatch photos show 2 coats. I feel like this polish shows off the shimmer in its matte state more than any other polish in the collection


Unfortunately, this polish is extremely similar to Veruschka from the 2014 collection, but again, the shimmer is more of a glass fleck this year. It's up to you whether they differ enough to need both, but I definitely don't think so.

Index & Ring = Honor
Middle & Pinky = Veruschka

------------------------------

I was so excited to hear that Zoya was releasing new Matte Velvets and they did not disappoint! I was a little bummed about the color repetitions but aside from Honor, the differences were great enough that I didn't really mind. :) My favorites are probably Aspen and Yves. What are your favorites??

How you enoyed the post! Have a great day loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment