Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Week In Vegas - Day 7


The last day of my "A Week In Vegas" series! :( Today's design might actually be my favorite design of the week. This design is kind of an aztec/tribal ombré design. It's fairly simple to accomplish but it looks like it was really difficult.


Step 1:
Start with a white base.
Step 2:
Create a rainbow ombré using a makeup sponge and A Night In Vegas cremes from Pipe Dream Polish.
Step 3:
Apply a coat of fast drying topcoat.
Step 4:
Place a wide straight nail vinyl (mine are from What's Up Nail Store) vertically down the middle of each nail.
Step 5:
Paint each nail black and immediately remove the vinyl.
Step 6:
Use a black striper to create a zig zag line down the rainbow stripe, creating little triangles.
Step 7:
In the middle of each triangle, make a small black dot with a dotting tool, bobby pin, or toothpick.
Step 8:
Add a final coat of fast drying topcoat to smooth out the design.

Yes, I realize it's quite a few steps but they're all quite easy to do. I love the final result and how all these different techniques (ombré, vinyls, stripes, polka dots) contributed to the design.

I will have one final post on A Night In Vegas cremes going up later today. It'll be a massive overview and review of Pipe Dream Polish and A Night In Vegas cremes jam-packed with all sorts of information. I also included swatches of each polish in the collection, so get excited for that!

Before I go, I had such a fun time doing all these designs and experimenting with these polishes, I want to know which was YOUR favorite. So leave a comment down below letting me know which one you liked best! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment