Saturday, January 31, 2015

KBShimmer "Big Bold Love" Collection Review


About a week ago, KBShimmer listed a set of 6 polishes to "Love It Buy It" (which is a part of E! News) for $20 -- 60% off the retail value! With a steal like that, I had to purchase them. I spent yesterday swatching them and, I have to say, I love every single one. The set of 6 is called the "Big Bold Love" collection and has an assortment of cremes, glitters, and a multi-chrome! Today, I have the swatches for you and a little review of each polish.


-------------------------


First up is "Falling For Hue" which is a white crelly polish with red, pink, and fuchsia metallic hex glitters in varying sizes. I experimented a bit with this polish and found that I liked it best when I layered 2 coats of it over a white base. I didn't think I'd like this one very much, but it's actually really pretty and perfect for Valentine's Day!

-------------------------


Next is "Let's Not Coral" and can we just talk about how cute that name is?! I love it. Anyways, this is a creme polish in a bright pinky-coral shade. It is fully opaque in 2 coats and dries quite glossy. The swatch is 2 coats plus topcoat.

-------------------------


"Sweet Wave" has an assortment of pastel matte hex glitters including coral, yellow, mint, periwinkle, and white in a clear base. Let me just tell you, this polish is PACKED with glitter. I did the normal twirl of the brush through the polish and it was completely covered in glitter. This makes it very easy to pick out particular glitters to place in any empty places. For the swatch, I decided to show it to you layered over both black (China Glaze - Liquid Leather) and white (Sinful Colors - Snow Me White). The black lets you see all the colors boldly standing out and the white is very soft and pretty for springtime. A little bit of dabbing/placing and then topcoat added.

-------------------------


The next polish is called "Low And Be Bold" and is a beautiful royal/cobalt blue jelly. On the website, it's listed as a creme formula, but I found that it applies and looks more like a jelly, in my opinion. This stunning blue was opaque in 3 coats and dried EXTREMELY glossy. Like, one of the glossiest polishes I've ever seen. But still, I added topcoat for the swatch.

-------------------------



LOOK AT THAT PURPLE SHIFT ON THE INDEX FINGER!

Next up is my first ever multi-chrome polish! "Urban Camo" shifts from a murky green, to a bright emerald green, to a blue flash, and then to a hard-to-capture purple. In most lights and angles it's a mix of the murky green and the emerald green, but it's still very cool to see the flashes of other colors in there. I applied 2 coats and topcoat for what you see in the swatches.

-------------------------



Of course, the out of focus shot captured the holo better.

Finally, we come to "Ice Queen" which is my personal favorite. I had a feeling when I bought the set that it would be my favorite and it did NOT disappoint. I don't know if I can truly convey how GORGEOUS this polish is, but I will try. It is a stunning holographic silver glitter topper ranging for a fine micro-glitter to medium hexes, along with larger diamond glitters (which are my favorite). I tried this polish over black and -- AHH! I'm dead. The holo, though it doesn't show as well in the picture, is SO strong and beautiful and full of rainbow goodness. This is just one incredibly easy coat over one coat of black. I don't think I'd mind if I could only wear this polish for the rest of my life. It is just too pretty!

-------------------------

And that's all of them! I'm so glad I bought this set because almost every polish is unique to my collection and not a single one disappointed me! Of course, my favorite is "Ice Queen" but I'm also really excited to use "Falling For Hue" for Valentine's Day. 

I hope you enjoyed my review and try out some KBShimmer polishes for yourself. Might I suggest "Ice Queen"? LOL. Until next time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment