Saturday, February 14, 2015

Conversation Heart Nails


I meant to have this post up much earlier, but time got the best of me. I can't believe I haven't blogged a single V-Day mani! I apologize, but you can check out my designs on Instagram if you need any last minute inspiration. I do have a little post today for my sister's Valentine's Day nails. Last year, I did some Candy Heart Nails and decided to recreate them this year!


I started with a different pastel color on each nail, trying to match as closely to conversation heart colors as possible. I decided to use Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Mellow Yellow" (original formula), Lime Crime "Parfait Day", Lime Crime "Lavendairy", and China Glaze "Highlight of my Summer". (you can't see in the picture but I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Dreamsicle" on the thumb)

I then used red acrylic paint and a teeny paintbrush for the letters -- writing some cutesy love messages found on conversation hearts. I found that using acrylic paint worked really well for this step because if you make a mistake, you can take a damp paper towel and wipe it off without messing up the base color. If you used red polish it would take the base color off with it.

I added a coat of HK Girl Top Coat from Glisten & Glow to smooth the design out and help it dry quickly, then added a coat of matte top coat to mimic the texture of conversation hearts.


I was shocked when I made a little "transformation" collage of the same design last year and this year -- I hadn't realized how much improvement I made!

Happy Valentine's Day Loves! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment