Sunday, March 1, 2015

HUGE Indie Nail Polish Haul


Hey guys! I have a super exciting post for you all today! I recently went on a little online shopping spree to expand my indie polish collection! I purchased quite a few new polishes and many from brands I've never tried before. We've got lots to cover so let's get into the haul.



First up is KBShimmer "Holly Back Girl" which is a white crelly polish with red and green metallic hex glitters in varying sizes. It wasn't a question that I would purchase a KBShimmer polish because I looooove them! This one is no exception. With these white crellies, I prefer to layer two coats over a white base for a more crisp color. This polish reminds me of Christmas cookies. :) Such a shame I bought it in February.


Next is Pipe Dream Polish "Cha-Ching!" I really wanted to purchase a silver holographic microglitter because, surprisingly, I didn't have one! The indie polish market was floooooded with different variations of the same polish, but I ended up choosing this one. The holo is SUPER strong and is perfectly opaque in 2 coats.


I was introduced to Nvr Enuff Polish by my friend Jess (@polishedjess on Instagram). Originally, I was drooling over a gorgeous polish called "Lord Licorice" but I ended up not getting it (still not sure why, might have to make another purchase). I then saw a beautiful swatch of "Meteoric", a black holographic polish, and it fell into my cart. This was the only polish I was slightly disappointed in formula wise. I was shocked when I first applied it and it was extremely sheer (3 coats to be opaque)! That's not normal for a black polish right? I then thought to try it over a coat of China Glaze "Liquid Leather" and it worked out absolutely perfectly! Richly black and added holo! What could be better?


Next up isn't exactly a polish but, oh well. I've seen tons of different forms of latex barriers on Instagram but many were outrageously expensive (ie: $22 for 10 mL). EllaGee has a similar product called "Lickety Split Latex Mani Mask" for a fraction of the cost ($4 for 15 mL). Definitely more my speed. I've already used this a couple times and it's quite effective!
Bonus: Laura (owner of EllaGee) even has a non-latex version for those with allergies!


I believe I first heard of Candy Lacquer from Amy (nailpolishbabyy90 on YouTube). I was browsing the shop and picked up a super fun glitter topper. "Bunny Lights" is a pastel glitter mix that is downright PERFECT for springtime! I find this polish looks best over white, but I also tried it out with lavender and black and it looked awesome both ways! And for some reason this glitter reminds me of Trix cereal, particularly the sugary part that's leftover at the bottom of the box (I'm a weirdo). ANYWAYS, I love this polish.


This next polish, OHMYGOODNESS. I can't even. I just can't. I saw this featured in a favorite's video from Jess (jessface90 on YouTube) and I immediately bought it. Like, within 10 minutes. This is "I Need Some Space" from Virago Varnish. It is a STUNNING holographic microglitter in a pink jelly base that is part of her 2015 Single's Awareness Day Trio (Valentine's Day). This has quickly become my all-time favorite nail polish. I can't get over it. (check out my Instagram [@polishandbeyond] for a video swatch showing off the incredible holo)
Fun Fact: Adrienne (owner of Virago Varnish) has made this part of her permanent line!


Also in Jess' favorites video was EllaGee "Jewel Encrusted" and I had to have it. It is a super fun glitter that has silver and gold metallic and holographic microglitter with larger hex glitters in a variety of jewel-toned colors. The color combination gives it such a majestic / royal feel and I love it!


Recently, Jill from Glisten & Glow ran a 50% off sale on some of her cuticle oils so I quickly snatched up one I'd been wanting for a while. I chose the "Glis-Tics Cuticle Oil" in the scent Blueberry Cobbler. This arrived at my house right in the midst of a terrible cold, so I couldn't even smell it the first few times I used it. Now that I'm better, I can say that it smells AHHH-mazing. And I love the convenience of the roller ball style of application. Definitely one of my new favorite cuticle oils.

Finally, we have Glam Polish "POW!" Unfortunately I haven't received this one yet since not only is it coming from Australia, but they were having some delays this month as well. Hopefully I'll receive it in the next week or two. Once it comes, I'll insert a description of it here. :)

I'm just super happy with my recent indie polish purchases! Even though indies are typically more expensive than mainstream brands and there's added shipping I love the originality of the polishes made by individual women and the time they put into their passion by adding little gifts and handwritten notes. <3 Make sure you check out my Instagram (@polishandbeyond) for swatches of these polishes that might appear over the next couple weeks. :)

I know I wasn't doing so well with blogging in February, but I've set some goals for the next couple months to be more diligent in blogging. :) Hope you enjoyed this post and try some of these polishes for yourself, because they're seriously awesome! Have an amazing day, loves! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment