Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Monsters Inc Nails


I'm currently sitting in the hallway at my college waiting for my lab to start in an hour. *sigh* I decided to be productive though and write the blog post for my current mani! I've had a similar design in my recreation folder for ages and I finally did it. This design features some of the main characters from the classic Pixar movie "Monsters Inc." So without further ado, let's get to the tutorial!


INDEX -- Mike Wazowski



Step 1: Start with a murky green base. I used "In The Groove" from the Insta-Dri line by Sally Hansen.


Step 2: With white acrylic paint (or polish if you so desire) draw a large circle.


Step 3: With blue acrylic paint (or polish) create a smaller circle in the center of the white one.


Step 4: Finally, with black acrylic paint (or polish) make an even smaller circle in the center of the blue one.

MIDDLE -- Monsters Inc. Logo



Step 1: Start with a white base.


Step 2: Use a small paintbrush dipped in light blue polish to sketch the outline of the "M" of the monsters in logo.


Step 3: Fill in the outline and fix any mistakes.


Step 4: Add a small black dot to the center if the M's "eye."

RING -- Sulley



Step 1: Start with a bright blue base.


Step 2: Add some purple splotches on the nail for his spots.


Step 3: Take a clean-up brush dipped in acetone to clean up any purple that got on your cuticles.

PINKY -- Boo



Step 1: Start with a dusty pink base.


Step 2: With a striping brush, add some horizontal lines with a purple polish.


Finish everything off with a coat of fast-drying topcoat.

----------------------

I think this mani is just downright adorable. I had so much fun doing it and it takes me back to my childhood obsession with this movie. I hope you enjoyed this mani too and if you decide to recreate it, make sure you tag me on Instagram with @polishandbeyond <3

1 comment:

  1. These look fantastic! I love how simply you've explained the steps, I wish I'd had this to follow when doing my Monsters Inc nails the other day :)

    ReplyDelete