Friday, March 20, 2015

Turquoise Stone Nails


Happy Spring Ladies! Today, I have a nail art design that has a really cool and unique effect. This design is supposed to mimic the look of turquoise stones. I'll be sharing with you, step by step, how I accomplished this look, along with some tips I learned along the way.


Step 1:



Start with a turquoise-y base color. I used OPI "My Dogsled Is A Hybrid" from the 2014 Nordic Collection. I had forgotten how good of formula this polish has!

Step 2:



To help make clean-up easier, apply some sort of barrier on the skin around your nail, whether it be tape or some sort of peel-off solution. I used "Lickety Split Latex Mani Mask" from EllaGee Polish.

Step 3:



As if you are watermarbling, drop several drops (8-10) of black polish into a cup of room temperature water. I used OPI "Who Are You Calling Bossy?" from the 2014 Peanuts Collection.

Step 4:



Immediately spray some aerosol hairspray on the polish to create speckles on the surface.

Step 5:



Dip your nail into the desired area, clean the polish off the surface with a toothpick, and remove the nail from the water.

*** take an extended break to clean-up the black polish you just spilled on your carpet ***
(yep, it was a tragic experience for me)

Step 6:

Repeat steps 3-5 with a gold glitter polish. I found that a few drops (3-4) of "My Favorite Ornament" 2013 Mariah Carey Holiday Collection worked really
well.

Step 7:



Remove your tape / peel-off solution and clean up any polish that it missed with cotton buds or a clean-up brush dipped in acetone.

Step 8:



Lastly, add a coat of fast-drying top coat.

I love the look of this design and how it's so different from anything I've done before. Definitely a unique form of nail art, but still pretty easy! Hope you enjoyed the tutorial and I'll talk to you next time! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment