Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wet N Wild MegaLast Silver Lake Collection Review


Hello Ladies! I am very excited for the post I have for you today! I finally found the spring collection from Wet N Wild and I have swatched and reviewed them for you. I purchased 4 of the 6 pastel polishes in the collection. The two I didn't purchase were the light nude ("A Latte Love") and the soft pink ("Stream Of Consciousness") [[which from what I hear is a sheer polish with a slight shimmer -- just something I don't have much use for]] and they just didn't appeal to me very much. The ones I did get, I love! So let's get to those swatches!



First up is "Reject The Mainstream" which is pretty pastel lilac polish. It has a beautiful creme formula that is opaque in just 2 coats. The swatch photo shows 2 coats without topcoat. I really love this polish, especially because I don't have another purple this light in my collection.


Next is "Warm Filter", a light peachy coral shade. This polish had the best formula of the bunch, being almost completely opaque in just 1 coat with only some minor problem spots. The swatch photo shows 2 coats without topcoat. This is another one that I don't have any dupes for, so YAY for that!


"Wear Skinny Jeans" is a stunning periwinkle shade leaning towards baby blue. This was the only one of the bunch that appeared to have a slight shimmer, but it does not translate to the nail. "Wear Skinny Jeans" has a fabulous formula and is opaque in 2 easy coats. The swatch photo shows 2 coats without topcoat.


As soon as I saw this polish I immediately thought of "Bikini So Teeny" by Essie. The same shade with the same almost invisible shimmer. I decided to swatch the twins side by side and I found they were exact dupes! The real kicker: "Wear Skinny Jeans" ($1.99) was opaque in 2 coats and "Bikini So Teeny" ($8.50) needed 3 coats!


Lastly, we have "Tree Hugger" which is a pastel pistachio/minty green, almost the shade of mint chocolate chip ice cream! This one had the trickiest formula of the bunch, slightly thin/runny. It just barely needed a third coat to get fully opaque. The swatch photo shows 3 coats without topcoat.


The same time I purchased these polishes, I was looking over the OPI Hawaii collection and noticed that "That's Hula-Rious" looked almost identical when I held the two up next to each other. I couldn't justify letting myself get the OPI one for over 4x the price so I couldn't actually swatch them side by side. BUT, when I got home I noticed another similar polish in my collection - "Mint Sorbet" from the Xtreme Wear line by Sally Hansen. They aren't exact dupes though, as "Mint Sorbet" is slightly lighter, but it is opaque in just 2 coats.

And that's all for my review of the Silver Lake collection from Wet N Wild. Overall, I'm really impressed with the colors from this collection and the amazing formulas! If you see these around in your local drugstores, pick a couple up! You won't be disappointed. I hope you enjoyed my review, and I'll talk to you later. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment