Sunday, March 29, 2015

China Glaze Electric Nights Collection Review


Hello Ladies! Ohmygoodnessgracious. I don't think I've ever been SO excited to write a blog post! Today, I have the review and swatches for the ENTIRE China Glaze Electric Nights Collection for Summer 2015. Yes, I bought all 12 polishes, which is typically something I would never even consider, but I got a great deal (from head2toebeauty.com) and I seriously love every single polish!


Alright let's get things moving. This 12 piece collection has 9 incredible neon creme polishes and 3 stunning neon glitter toppers. The range and quality of the colors is simply impeccable. I have swatched all of these polishes on my nails, but for the sake of getting this post up in a timely manner, the swatch pictures shown in this post are on a swatch wheel.

Glow With The Flow



This is a slightly cool-toned (more so than the picture shows) neon pink. The swatch wheel shows 2 coats but I needed 3 coats to get it fully opaque on my natural nails. Even though it required 3 coats, it had a really nice formula and I really liked the final color! Out of all the pinks in my collection I only have 1 really similar and that is China Glaze "Beauty Within" (right) but it is slightly darker and less neon.



Red-Y To Rave



This is a neon orange-y red (less orange than picture suggests). It had a really smooth and easy formula and was opaque in just 2 coats. I have 2 similar polishes in my collection but they're not quite dupes. China Glaze "Pool Party" (left) is less orange and slightly darker while China Glaze "Thistle Do Nicely" (right) is less orange and slightly lighter.



Home Sweet House Music



This is a bright orange creme that reminds me slightly of nacho cheese. Lol. It had a slightly more difficult formula and required three coats, but I don't have anything quite like it in my collection. I compared it to Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Dreamsicle" (left) which is obviously duller and China Glaze "Sun Worshiper" (right) which also reminds me of nacho cheese, but is much yellower.



Daisy Know My Name



This is the only polish in the collection that needs a white base, but once you have the white base down, it is flawless! It's a typical neon "highlighter" yellow polish. It has a really smooth formula. I have another highlighter yellow in my collection from Pipe Dream Polish called "Light Of Day" (right) which is pretty much identical except for the fact that it doesn't need a white base.



Treble Maker



Wow. Yes. This is the polish I was the most excited for out of the entire collection. It is such a unique neon minty green. I was watching JessFace90's review of this collection and as soon as she showed this polish I thought SHAMROCK SHAKE and then she said it reminded her of Shamrock Shakes! Anyways, this polish was the absolute hardest for me to capture. It is brighter and greener than the picture shows. It also had a really easy formula and was opaque in just 2 coats. I honestly have nothing like this in my collection, but in my mind, if you mix Pipe Dream Polish "High Roller" (left) with Color Club "Age Of Aquarius" (right) you would get this color. Do you see it?



UV Meant To Be



This is a neon robin's egg blue polish. It had a smooth formula and was opaque in 2 coats. Had I not bought the whole collection, this would have been one of the ones I'd skip because I thought for sure it was a dupe for China Glaze "Capacity To See Beyond" (right) but it still slightly brighter.



DJ Blue My Mind



I would describe this polish as a neon "swimming pool" blue. I've heard this one stains, but I didn't have that problem since it was only on my nails for about five minutes, but as a precaution make sure to apply a good base coat. This actually had a fantastic formula and was opaque in 2 coats. I have 2 very similar polishes in my collection and they are Essie "Strut Your Stuff" (right) which is a touch lighter and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear "Blue Me Away!" (left) which is a bit less neon.



Plur-Ple



This is a cool-toned neon purple polish that is much cooler than the swatch picture suggests. It had a smooth and easy formula and was opaque in 2 coats. I thought this polish would be a dupe for China Glaze "That's Shore Bright" (right) but it is actually much darker.



Violet-Vibes



This is a warmer toned neon purple polish, but it is still slightly cooler than what it seems in the swatch. This one had a super smooth formula and was opaque in 2 coats. Pipe Dream Polish "V.I.P. Pass" (left) and L'Oreal "Flashing Lilac" (right) and both very similar to this polish, but are both a little more pink.



Let The Beat Drop



This is a super unique neon glitter mix with pink, orange, and a couple purple hexes, It looks best layered over a white base, but also works over black (or whatever other color) just not as vibrantly.

Can I Get An Untz Untz



This is another unique glitter topper with green, blue, and purple neon hex glitters. This, too, looks best over white as the blue and purple glitters are more transparent when layered over darker colors.

Point Me To The Party



This is my favorite of the glitter toppers and it combines the colors of the previous 2 into a beautiful neon rainbow glitter mix! Like the others, this polish looks its best layered over white. I do actually have a slightly similar polish in my collection. Candy Lacquer "Bunny Lights" has a similar concept, but the glitters are more pastel rather than neon.




----------------------------------------


My Top Three:

1) Treble Maker
2) Point Me To The Party (but really all the toppers)
3) Daisy Know My Name

All in all, I absolutely LOVE this collection. I'm all about bright shades so this is right up my alley -- and I was so happy with the amazing formulas of these polishes too! Make sure to follow me on Instagram (@polishandbeyond) to keep up with the nail art I'm sure to be doing using these awesome polishes! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment