Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Crelly Sandwich Tutorial


Hello and welcome back to Polish And Beyond! Today, I have an interesting twist on the "jelly sandwich" technique, and that is the "crelly sandwich" technique! This idea occurred to me as I was online admiring a rainbow glitter mix polish in a white crelly base and realized I could achieve a similar look myself! I'll take you through the steps I did to make my crelly sandwich!



Step 1:



Apply a white base. This step is based completely on preference. I like to have a crisp and opaque nail color, but if you prefer a softer, true-crelly look you can apply a base of 2 coats of any sheer nude polish (the one I used is "Adore-A-Ball" by Essie).

Step 2:



Apply a coat of glitter polish of your choice. I used China Glaze "Point Me To The Party" from the Summer 2015 Electric Nights collection (you can read my review of this collection HERE).

Step 3:



Apply one more coat of your sheer polish over the glitter to give the appearance that it is submerged in the crelly sandwich.

Step 4:

Apply a fast-drying topcoat to further smooth out the glitter and help all the layers to fully dry.

And that's how I got this "crelly sandwich" look! I really love the versatility of this technique and can't wait to try it out with other glitters! If you try it out for yourself use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond on Instagram so I can see! Have a wonderful week and I'll be back (hopefully very soon) with another post! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment