Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Tie Dye Nail Art Tutorial


I've seen many tie dye inspired nail art, especially with summer approaching, so I decided to try it out for myself. It's a fairly simple concept so I'll get right into it.



Step 1:



Start with a white base. I used just 1 coat of Sinful Colors "Snow Me White" because most of it will be covered up anyway.

Step 2:



Start the design by making a single spiral with red acrylic paint. To get the tie dye effect, I made short little strokes starting in the center and spiraling out.

Step 3:



Continue going in rainbow order with the rest of your colors, repeating the same spiral pattern.

Step 4:



Clean up any acrylic paint that may have gotten on the skin with a clean-up brush dipped in acetone.

Step 5:



Apply topcoat and you're finished!

I hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial and try it out for yourself! Have an awesome day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment