Saturday, May 30, 2015

WNAC2015 - Neon Watermarble


The last week of WNAC2015 for May! It's been a bunch of neon fun! This last prompt is a neon watermarble! I'm not going to have a whole tutorial for this, but I will be sharing some tips and tricks that I've acquired along the way. I'll also be sharing a little review on the Whats Up Nail Art Store Pure Color #7 Watermarble Tool! Super exciting stuff.


Tips & Tricks

Watermarbling is a technique that a lot of people struggle with. It's extremely messy and there's lots of components that go in to making sure it turns out just right.


First thing is prep. It is extremely important that everything you need is nearby and ready to use. I start with a dry white base and a lot of liquid latex around my nails. I also make sure that all my polish bottles are open.

As far as the water goes, I filled up a plastic container with water from the tap and let it sit on my desk overnight, allowing it to reach room temperature. Depending on where you live tap water may not work for you and you'll need to use bottled water.

An issue that many people come across is finding what polishes work. Some spread and some don't. I spent a whole day testing different polishes out. For this week's design, I used Pipe Dream Polish "A Night In Vegas" collection, which are unfortunately extremely difficult to get your hands on. Some other polsihes that I've found that work well are Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, Sally Hansen Triple Shine, and some OPI polishes.

One last piece of advice I have is work fast! It is crucial that you don't let the polish dry on the surface of the water or else the next drop of polish won't spread and you won't be able to make a nice design!

Pure Color #7 Watermarble Tool Review

Whats Up Nails had a sale on their vinnyls for Memorial Day, I chose this opportunity to stock up and also pick up their new watermarble tool. It's a pointed metal tool used to make precise designs in the polish on the surface of the water. Prior to this, I was using either my smallest dotting tool or a toothpick to make my designs. This tool makes it a lot easier to create smooth designs. It is also feels like a really durable and quality product which is great. It's definitely something I'd recomend to someone who enjoys marbling! I made a little demo of using this tool to make a spiral watermarble design which you can watach on my Instagram by clicking HERE. I tried to get it in my blogpost but it is not cooperating. :(

Alright, and that's all I got for this scatter-brained watermarble post! If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will be sure to help to the best of my knowledge. Have a wonderful weekend ladies! <3

overview of WNAC2015 for may

No comments:

Post a Comment