Friday, May 22, 2015

WNAC2015 - Neon Gradient


Back again for 2 posts in 1 day! Whaaaaat? Yes -- I'm back for week 4 of WNAC2015 and this one I am seriously loving! Today's prompt was "Neon Gradient" and that left lots of room for creativity so I added in some fun chevrons. Let's get right into the tutorial.

Step 1:


Since I've started so many tutorials with similar steps, I'm combing Step 1 into starting with a white base that has a coat of fast-drying topcoat and a latex barrier to protect the skin around the nails.

Step 2:


Now, create an ombre using a cosmetic wedge and polishes of your choice. The colors I used were Orly "Glowstick", Color Club "Age Of Aquarius", and Essie "Strut Your Stuff".

Step 3:


Remove the latex barrier and clean up any polish that was missed. Also, apply a coat of fast-drying topcoat to smooth out and further blend the gradient and also speed up the drying time. To be honest, I really loved how it looked at this step, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. :)

Step 4:


Apply 2 chevron nail vinyls (mine are from Whats Up Nail Art Store) to each nail in a stair-step pattern. I love how this is a sort of less-conventional use of chevron vinyls and creates a whole different look.

Step 5:


Paint over the chevron vinyls with black polish and remove the vinyls immediately. In order to get the neatest lines, do this one by one and take your time.

Step 6:


Clean up any remaining polish mess and add a final coat of topcoat. Make sure the black is completely dry so that it doesn't smear your beautiful design!

And there's my tutorial for Week 4 of WNAC2015 for May! I'm super loving this design and definitely want to recreate it with some different color combos! If you decide to recreate this mani, use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond so I can see! Much love and I'll be back with another super exciting blog post this weekend! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment