Sunday, May 10, 2015

Wet N Wild MegaLast California Dreaming Collection Review


Happy Sunday Ladies! I have a super exciting review for you all today and that is for the new Wet N Wild collection for Summer 2015! I checked my Walgreen's and another local drugstore everyday over the past week to see if they had gotten this coveted collection in yet, and on Friday I finally found it! I picked up the entire collection (minus the top coat, but I may go back for it) and will share my swatches and review of it with you.



First up we have "Re: In Carnation" which is a beautiful mid-toned pink. This polish has a fantastic formula and was nearly opaque in one coat. My swatch photo shows 2 coats plus topcoat.


Next is "Sun Settle Down" which is a dusty orange with slight peach undertones that reminds me of a Creamsicle. This one had a super smooth formula and was opaque in 2 coats.


"Bee-U-Tiful" is a soft, buttery yellow shade that is quite unique to my collection. I don't have any other polish quite this tone. This was another 2 coater, but depending on your application you may possibly need a third.


"Green Tease" is a pale pistachio green polish that looks very similar to "Tree Hugger" from the Wet N Wild Silver Lake Collection for Spring 2015. "Green Tease" is crisper and not a dusty as "Tree Hugger" is and it actually has a better formula as well. It was opaque in just 2 smooth coats while "Tree Hugger" required 3 coats. In the comparison shot "Tree Hugger" (spring) is on the left and "Green Tease" (summer) is on the right.


Finally we have my favorite of the bunch. "Sky Me Mine" is the perfect sky blue polish. It also had a great, creamy formula and was opaque in 2 easy coats. Unfortunately, When I removed this polish, it did want to cling to the skin around my nails and I noticed there could be a slight chance of staining as well. A little bit of a let down, but a beautiful color none the less.

Overall, I think this collection is super pretty and I love how consistently good the formulas were. My one complaint would be that these are quite similar in tone to the Spring collection, but I liked those enough I don't mind too much. :) Oh, and just a heads up, Wet N Wild did up the price of these to $2.99 from the typical $1.99 but they are still affordable and fabulous quality.

That's all for my review of this collection! I hope you enjoyed and that you are able to find some of these for yourself. Hopefully they will become more readily displayed in the coming days/weeks. Also, if you have any questions about this collection feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you. Much love! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment