Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fall Leaves Nail Art


Where have I been with my blog posts?! I have no idea. But I do have some fall nail art designs in store for you and I have the first one right now! This is a matte leaf nail art that I did using almost all Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure polishes! Here's the tutorial!


Step 1:


Start with a nude base. This is Prevail "Barclay Baby."

Step 2:


Use a small paint brush to paint some leaves in some fall colors. I used a "spotter" paintbrush I got at Michael's for 49¢. My fall colors were all from the Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure line. The colors were "Rhododendron" "Clay" "Ever Green" and "Dark Knight."

Step 3:


Using a dotting tool dipped in a silver glitter polish (mine was SHCSM in "Shoot The Moon") fill in some of the empty spaces between the leaves.

Step 4:


Even though I want this to be matte, I still like to use my Seche Vite first to make sure my design will dry completely and won't smudge.

Step 5:


Then I apply my matte topcoat to get the finish I want. I don't know why but I really like matte topcoats for fall!

-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-🍁-

And that's all for the tutorial! I hope you enjoyed it and try it out for yourself use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see your recreations. :)
<3 Until next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment