Friday, July 25, 2014

Funky Fingers Frostbitten Collection Review

Thanks to a suggestion from a new friend and fellow nail blogger (Nicole from www.mynailsmypolish7.blogspot.com) I purchased the Frozen-inspired nail polishes from Five Below. The collection includes 3 dazzling glitter polishes that are named after characters from the movie.



I swatched all three polishes on both a white and a colored base so you can see all the different glitters they're made up of.

ELSA



Elsa is a typical princess with a not so typical curse -- JUST KIDDING! Elsa (the nail polish) has different sized white micro glitters, icy blue hex glitters, and some white snowflake glitters. I swatched it on top of both a white base and an icy blue polish called "Breezy Blue" from Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear line.


ANNA



Anna also contains white micro glitters in varying sizes, but brings in more color with shiny blue and purple hex glitters, and shiny blue and white snowflake glitters. I swatched Anna on both a white base an a light purple-y pink Fresh Paint polish called "Passion Fruit."


OLAF



Olaf has most white glitters varying from micro circles to larger hex to snowflakes. It also incorporates multi glitters to add some sparkly rainbow shine that makes it look even more snow-like. I swatched Olaf on both white and orange -- orange because of Olaf's nose!


-------------------------

I really love all of these glitters and how they reflect each character. The biggest complaint I have about them is that it can be a little tricky to get to some of the bigger glitters, especially the snowflakes. Since they are so much bigger and heavier than the rest they tend to sink to the bottom, so it does take a little while to fish them out, but that doesn't make me like the polishes themselves any less. I totally recommend picking up all 3 polishes from this collection and with Five Below's 3 for $5 nail polish deal it just makes sense!! :) But if you do what to pick up just one, I recommend Elsa. It's definitely my favorite, especially paired with "Breezy Blue" by Sally Hansen.

No comments:

Post a Comment