Friday, August 1, 2014

Nautical Nails


Happy Friday!! I leave for the beach tomorrow morning so today I have a nautical manicure that is perfect for a beach trip!
I actually did this exact design two years ago (probably some of the first nail art I did) but I still loved it and I wanted to improve it and put up a tutorial for you guys! I hope you enjoy it and try it out for yourself! (remember: use #polishandbeyond and I'll be sure to see and like you photo)

Step 1:


Start by painting your nails navy blue with white accent nails on your ring finger and thumb. The navy I used is by Funky Fingers called Starling and the white is Wet n Wild MegaLast called Whipped Topping.

Step 2:



Next, paint the corner of each nail with the opposite color, except the thumbnail which you'll use the opposite color to paint a French tip.

Step 3:



Finally, use a gold nail striper to add French tips to four of your fingers, then use it to paint a small gold anchor on your thumb.

-----------------------------------

And that's it! I really do love this manicure especially considering I did it TWICE! I think it's absolutely perfect for going to the beach or on a cruise. Have fun trying it out and don't forget: #polishandbeyond

Love you! <3

Ooh! I almost forgot! Here's the comparison of when I did the same design two years ago to today. Definitely a lot neater and cleaner today.


Also, I thought I'd include a picture of my nautical toes that I did for the beach!


I used Jordana Boy Oh Boy for the base and used the same gold nail striper to draw an anchor on my big toe and stripes on all the rest!

------------------------------------

Okay. Now I'm done. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful weekend! Also, I will be doing daily Outfit Of The Day posts while I'm at the beach (Saturday - Tuesday) so look forward to those! :) Byeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment