Saturday, August 23, 2014

Ombré Dotticure with Abstract Accent Nail


So yeah. The title is super long because I don't know a name for this manicure. Haha. This was what I did for my sister to match the shirt she's wearing to a family reunion tomorrow. I started out with the index fingers, and then decided to switch it up for the rest. The accent nail is an abstract floral design and the others are lines of polka dots with an ombré effect.


Step 1:

Paint all your nails white.

Step 2:

Choose 3 different shades of 1 color to make the designs.

Step 3:

Accent Nail: Use a dotting tool to make little flower shapes all over the nail using the 3 polish shades.

Other Nails: Use a small dotting tool to make a line of polka dots in the darkest color. Then, on either side, make a line of the medium shade. Finally, using the lightest color, make a line of polka dots along the side of your nail.

Step 4:

Topcoat!

Here's the shirt she wore this manicure with:


-----------------------------------

Have fun switching up the color palette and use #PolishAndBeyond so I can see your recreations if this design or any other of my designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment