Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pineapple Nail Art Tutorial


Recently I picked up this adorable Sally Hansen nail file from Walmart because for $0.97 why not? I seriously LOVE the pineapple print of it - so much so that I was inspired to do a matching pineapple manicure!


What you need:




Step 1:



Start with an opaque white base.

Step 2:



With a dark green nail striper, draw some little "tufts" representing the spiky leaves of pineapples. Scatter them over the nail, but make sure not to make them too close together so that the yellow part will be squished together. On my ring finger, I just did one big "tuft" of green for one big pineapple.

Step 3:



Choose a yellow polish on a dotting tool to make small ovals under each "tuft" of green. I actually used the NEW "Mellow Yellow" for this! I never thought I'd choose this polish, but it actually worked really well for this manicure. For the ring finger, I just used the normal "Mellow Yellow" polish brush to swipe some yellow to make the pineapple.

Step 4:

Topcoat!

--------------------------------------

I really love this manicure and how it looks just like the nail file. I think the design is really cute and I'd love to see your recreations, so use that hashtag! #PolishAndBeyond Love you guys! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment