Friday, August 8, 2014

Neon Beach Sunset Nails


Today, I have the third and final beach manicure for this summer. It is a super bright neon ombré sunset with beach-y silhouettes. Don't worry, this tutorial won't be as complicated as the last one. :)


Step 1:



Start with a white base. Since we'll be doing a gradient over it, it doesn't have to be completely opaque.

Step 2:



Take a cosmetic wedge and paint stripes of neon polish in a rainbow pattern. Proceed to pat onto the nail to create the ombré effect. Since I wanted my neon colors to be super bright, I went through this process twice.

Step 3:



Clean up the inevitable mess from the ombré around the nail.

Step 4:



Take a black nail striper and start the designs. On the ring finger, I painted a palm tree and on the middle finger, a hibiscus flower similar to those in my Neon Hibiscus Nail Art. On all the other nails I did a couple small dots toward the cuticle. From this point all you have to do is apply your favorite topcoat and you're finished!

----------------------------------

I really love the bright neons in this manicure and the contrast of the black on top. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and send me pictures of your recreations using #polishandbeyond on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment