Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Nail Polish Rack Review + Super Special Announcement!!!


As you may know if you follow @polishandbeyond on Instagram (which you should), I recently bought a nail polish rack! I've been looking into many different nail polish racks for quite a while and now I finally have one that I feel is just what I need. So this post will include a review of the product along with some other information about the product - so let's go! {shh... there's a big announcement at the end!}


Prior to receiving this rack, I stored my polishes (close to 200 of them) in a plastic tub from Walmart, which, I know, is an awful way to store nail polish. It worked fine for a while but in the past year or so my collection has grown a ton. It was rather frustrating to have to dump the entire bin in order to find the color I wanted. I dealt with it for a while until about a week ago, a nail polish bottle that was only 4 days old broke due to all the weight on top of it. Just a couple hours later and the order for a rack was in.


I ordered a six-tiered nail polish rack from Ebay (found here) that claims to hold 72 nail polish bottles (I believe that is based solely on how many OPI polishes fit on the rack because I fit 80 polishes and my beloved Seche Vite with a little wiggle room). This rack was $28.99 (free shipping) and arrived the second day of the estimated delivery date. The rack came un-assembled in 3 pieces (the two "legs" and the main staircase-like part) but was extremely simple to put together with the 4 nuts and bolts that came with it.


[[ I chose to go with a rack that could sit on a table rather than attach to the wall because I have limited wall space in my bedroom and I didn't want to make holes in the wall. ]]


Once it was put together, the fun part came. Since less than half of my collection can fit on this rack, I got to choose which ones I wanted to display and how I would organize them. I started out with the pricier brands (OPI, Essie, China Glaze, Orly) and then brought out some other brands that I have a decent amount of. I'm super happy with how I was able to fit and organize the polishes on the rack. I totally recommend this product if you're looking for a new way to organize your collection. I'm certainly pleased with how mine turned out!

------------------------------------

Now, for the SUPER SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!!! I've been considering doing a nail polish collection post for quite a while, but was debating on how I'd go about doing it. I feel as though one massive post of nearly 200 polishes would be just miserable and painfully time-consuming. What I've decided is that I will do a nail polish collection BY BRAND on the first of each month until I've gone through them all. I'm going to try my best to include a mini review of each polish, pictures, and possibly swatches. I'm really looking forward to doing this "series" and having the opportunity to potentially introduce you to colors you haven't heard of before.

So that's all for today! I'll hopefully have a nail art tutorial up very soon so be on the lookout for that! Until then! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment