Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pacman Nail Art


As I was sitting, bored to death, in my statistics class yesterday, the idea of pacman nails popped into my head! So I immediately started planning the manicure out in the margins of my notes and am bringing you the tutorial now!


Step 1:



You actually start off this manicure with a different color on each nail. The thumb nail is black representing the background of the game. Then the other nails are the four colors of the "ghosts" that chase Pacman. (Index: Wet n Wild Wild Shine "Sunny Side Up" Middle: CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant "Ever Reddy" Ring: Wet n Wild MegaLast "I Need A Refresh-Mint" Pinky: Pure Ice "Love")

Step 2:



Start making the white designs on each nail. I used a dotting tool dipped in white polish to make the eyes of the ghosts and used a white nail art pen to make the base for Pacman and a couple of the dots that he eats.

Step 3:



For this step, I came in with some blue polish on a dotting tool for the eyes. I switched up which direction each ghost was looking by placing the blue dots in different spots. Also, I filled in the pacman with some yellow polish.

Step 4:



Finally, I used a black nail art pen to make some triangles side by side along the tip of each colorful nail to make the jagged edge of the ghosts. I also layered a tan polish over the dots that Pacman eats.

Now you just add your top coat to smooth it all out and make it super shiny!

------------------------------

And that's it for this super cute nail art tutorial! I hope you enjoyed it and try it out for yourself! Use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond so I can see your recreations! Love you! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment