Friday, September 19, 2014

Starbucks Nail Art Tutorial


As of this past Wednesday, Starbucks has a limited time deal where you get BOGO fall frappuccinos and I have taken full advantage of this. (the deal is from 2-6 PM on 9/17-21/2014) I've tried both the Pumpkin Spice and the Salted Caramel. Both of my sisters like the Pumpkin Spice better, but I prefer the Salted Caramel. Anyways, these delicious beverages inspired me to do STARBUCKS NAIL ART! So here's the tutorial for this adorable design.


Step 1:


Start with a white base on all of your nails. (if you really want to know why my middle fingernail isn't paint you can click here)

Step 2:



Using nail stripers, create green and glittery gold stripes on all of your nails except the ring finger.

Step 3:



I broke down the accent nail which is the actual frappuccino into multiple steps.

- start by using a piece of scotch tape or striping tape to create a clean line between the brown coffee and the white whipped cream

- then come in with the same coffee color on a tiny brush to draw some caramel drizzle towards the cuticle

- take a dotting tool dipped in white polish to create a bumpy scalloped edge for the whipped cream

- use a green nail striper to make a circle going off the tip of the nail and a skinny straw towards the cuticle (and yes I did intentionally continue the straw into my skin)


- finally use a white nail striper (or whatever other tool you feel comfortable with for tiny designs) to draw a bit of the starbucks logo (i stuck with the crown with the star in the middle)

Now all you have to do is finish off with a topcoat and you're good to go! (and now that you have this starbucks-inspired nail art you go get yourself some BOGO frappuccinos because you DESERVE it)

-----------------------------

I hope you all enjoyed this design and recreate it for yourself! Until next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment