Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mix-and-Match Nail Art


Hey guys! I'm back! After nearly 3 months of being MIA. So much has happened in these past few months but that's still no excuse to neglect my blog. So without further ado, here's a long-awaited tutorial!




--------------------------------

This manicure is a super fun and versatile one since you can easily change up the colors and opt to use only one or two of the patterns.

Step 1:

I started by painting my nails a BEAUTIFUL light blue shade from Julep called Bess (which I picked up for only $4.99 from T.J.Maxx).



Step 2:

Of course, even a beautiful color like this can be a little boring sometimes so I whipped out my nail striper and dotting tool to spruce it up. Being that this is a mix-and-match manicure, each nail has a different pattern. So I'll go through each nail individually.



Thumb: the thumb nail was super simple with just 2 'v' shapes pointed towards the cuticle drawn with a striper.
Index: the index fingernail just has some vertical stripes running from cuticle to tip.
Middle: the middle finger requires a dotting tool (or a similar tool, such as a bobby pin) to make straight lines of dots all over the nail.
Ring: the ring finger was the most time consuming but it is by far my favorite. it involves small strokes of a nail striper in a zig-zag pattern to create a chevron look.
Pinky: the pinky finger is nearly the same as the index finger but with the lines running diagonally across the nail rather than vertically.

And that's how you do this mix-and-match manicure! I hope you enjoyed and I PROMISE I will talk to you again soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment