Thursday, December 25, 2014

Fair Isle Nails


The Christmas festivities are winding down at my house and we're sitting down to watch one of those lovely Hallmark Channel Christmas movies. So, I'm going to take the time to catch up on some blogging! Sometimes I completely forget to blog after posting a mani on Instagram. I apologize.
Anyways, I did the fair isle design for the Christmas family get-together with my dad's side and it's actually one of my all time favorite designs I've done to date. It was inspired by this sweater I got from Old Navy during Cyber Monday.


Instead of using a white polish for the design, I used white acrylic paint because I've seen a lot of nail artists prefer it. I'm glad I did because it was easier to use for the intricate details, after I got used to the feel of it, but I still like using polish better. I didn't take pictures of each step since I did it late at night after work, so I apologize again. I started with making 2 horizontal lines, creating 3 sections on each nail. Then I just picked some patterns and designs to go in each section, making a snowflakes on some nails and a reindeer on the accent nail. I know there's a lot of imperfections but they aren't too noticeable since the design is so busy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment