Friday, December 12, 2014

Hot Chocolate Nail Art


How cute are these nails?! I did these little mugs of hot chocolate for my sister and I love how they came out! Today, I have the step-by-step tutorial for you.


Step 1: 


Start with a white base.

Step 2:


Make a large "ruffian" design with a mint polish - it's kind of like an inside out half moon mani.

Step 3:


Make a pointed oval shape towards the rounded edge with a brown polish on a small paintbrush to make the hot chocolate in the mug.

Step 4:


Using a dotting tool, make a couple white marshmallows on the hot chocolate surface.
Step 5:


Use a red striper to make little red candy canes going over the rim of each mug.

Step 6:


Finally, use a white striper to make the stripes on each candy cane. Just finish up with your favorite top coat and you're done!

I hope you enjoyed this design and the tutorial. If you try out this manicure for yourself use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment