Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gingerbread Nails


Today I have a super cute design for you - one that looks good enough to eat! It's some little gingerbread cookie nails with a gingerbread house accent nail! I love them! Read on for the tutorial...


Step 1:



Start with a brown base. Mine definitely isn't a good gingerbread color but if you have a good one in your collection, let me know!

Step 2:



Use a white striper or small brush to start the design. For the accent nail, make an outline of a house with a chimney, door, and some windows. For the other nails just make a thin squiggly line across the nail towards the tip.

Step 3:



Choose some bright colors to make some candy accent decorations. Place the sporadically along the squiggly and on the outline of the house.

Step 4:



Add a topcoat to smooth out your design and make it nice and shiny.

I think this design is so cute and really makes me want some gingerbread cookies and to decorate a real gingerbread house. If you recreate this design use #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment