Thursday, November 27, 2014

Burberry Nails


As I'm watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, today I have the final Thanksgiving mani for this year and then all turns Christmas! Anyways, about a month or so ago, I recreated a design done by Tori from her blog "nailstori" (IG: @nailstori) that had a burberry accent nail. I rarely ever do the same design twice, especially in the same colors, but I knew this would be perfect for Thanksgiving, and it perfectly matches the burgundy cardigan I plan on wearing! Anyways, let's get into the tutorial.


Step 1:



Start with a dark tan base. I used Essie "Case Study" which I haven't heard anyone speak of before but I found it at a flea market for only $1.50!

Step 2:



Create two thick white lines, one going across the nail towards the cuticle and the other down the nail off to one side. These, by all means, do not have to be perfect (mine sure aren't!) because the next step with fix them up.

Step 3:



Make thin black lines on either side of both lines and one in the middle of the wide line near the cuticle. (Look how much neater it makes the white look!)

Step 4:



Use a burgundy polish to make two more thin lines. One vertical one on the side of the nail opposite the thick white line and a horizontal one towards the tip.

Step 5:



After doing whatever cleanup necessary (it was a lot for me today), apply a fast drying top coat to make sure your design dries nicely and shines beautifully!

And that's the last Thanksgiving mani for this year! I hope you enjoyed them and have a wonderful Thanksgiving! <3

On to the Christmas manis!!!

1 comment: