Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Lime Crime Nail Polish Review


I don't even recall how it happened, but I stumbled upon a picture or video featuring Lime Crime nail polishes and I instantly fell in love with them. I love a good vibrant pastel creme polish and they have a whole rainbow of them! Today, I have a little review of these gorgeous polishes, along with some swatches!


Background:
About a month ago, I won a giveaway by @ash.nails on Instagram for $20 worth of polish – any kind you wanted! Of course, I had to choose Lime Crime! I sent her a DM sharing my 2 favorite Lime Crime colors and then I waited. I got super impatient and messaged her again asking if there was an estimated shipping date and it turned out something got messed up with her card so she threw in an extra polish to make up for it (and this polish ended up being my third favorite, after the blue and purple I chose)! Then I did a little more waiting until I came home from class yesterday to a beautiful package.

Lime Crime:
Lime Crime is a small online cosmetic brand based out of LA. They have a ton of super unique makeup products, along with beautiful polishes in 7 stunning colors. They're all pastels, but not just any pastels, they're bright pastels! They are 0.3 oz (9 mL) which is a little less than most (OPI .5 - Essie .46 - China Glaze .5) but doesn't make them any less awesome and they come in super pretty frosted glass bottles (yeah, I really like the bottles). They retail for $8.00 each on the Lime Crime website (www.limecrime.com) I love them all and definitely plan on picking up the rest of the line sometime. The three polishes I got are Once In A Blue Mousse (blue), Lavendairy (purple), and Parfait Day (pink).

* These polishes ship to the US only BUT you can order them on eBay if you live elsewhere. :)

Once In A Blue Mousse



Once In A Blue Mousse is a gorgeous light sky blue (lighter than in the picture). It's fully opaque in 2 coats. The consistency is slightly thick, but nothing to worry about. It dries glossy, but I still added Seche Vite. 

Lavendairy



Lavendairy is a really pretty lavender shade (warmer tone than in the picture – more pink toned / less blue toned). It's opaque in 2 coats. The consistency seems pretty normal for the first coat, but thicker on the second, so make sure to wipe a lot off the brush. It dries fairly glossy, but I added Seche Vite to top it off.

Parfait Day



Parfait Day is a beautiful light pink shade (a bit darker/brighter than in the picture). It's completely opaque in 2 coats. The formula is really pigmented. The consistency is a little thick, but completely doable, just don't load up your brush too much. It does dry glossy, but I still put Seche Vite on top.

Conclusion
I absolutely LOVE these polishes! The formula is great and the colors are stunning! Parfait Day made a great impression and might have become my favorite...! (so thanks again ashley!) Still, I love them all. You should definitely look in to getting some Lime Crime polishes! Or maybe you could win some from Ash! She'll be doing her $20 polish giveaways every month now so make sure you go check her out on Instagram (@ash.nails).

I hope you enjoyed this post and were able to learn a bit about Lime Crime polishes! Until next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment