Sunday, November 9, 2014

Christmas Holly Nail Art


I'm not sure, but I think I dreamt about Christmas last night because I woke up completely in the Christmas spirit! I'm one of those people who has no problem at all listening to Christmas music at the start of November and getting the Christmas tree around Thanksgiving. Anyways, I spent some time today coming up with loads of Christmas nail art ideas (actually, I was excited for Christmas nail art even before fall nail art) one of them being this holly design! I think it's so cute and it was super simple, so I have the tutorial for you today.



Step 1:


Start with a white base on all your nails, except your accent nail which you'll want to use a peel-off glitter base. I used one by OPI called "Glitter Off" but it really doesn't matter what kind. (please excuse my stained nail you can see through the base coat - it's rough)

Step 2:

For the accent nail, apply scotch tape on the skin around your nail to cut down on the clean-up. I just put one piece across my cuticle and one on either side of my nail. Then, you'll want to choose a silver glitter, I used a Sephora Formula X glitter in "Whimsical." Now, the reason you want to use the tape is because you're going to use a cosmetic wedge and sponge on the glitter. This is a super quick and easy way to get a glitter polish to be fully opaque because the majority of the base will absorb into the sponge, leaving you with just the sparkly glitter! My accent nail was so packed full of glitter it looked like foil sometimes!

Step 3:


For the other nails, start by making clusters of 3 tiny red polka dots around the nail for the holly berries. Then, use a dark green polish to make the holly leaves. I used a dotting tool for this step and it worked out pretty well, but you could also use a small paint brush if you'd like.

Step 4:

Top coat it all!

Now, I don't blame you if you don't want to try this manicure out until December, but regardless, when you do, use #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see your recreations! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment