Saturday, November 15, 2014

Flamingo Nail Art

I'm so sorry for the sheet marks! D:
I did my nails at night and they got messed up before I got a daylight shot.

Hello friends! Today I have an adorable SUMMERY nail art design for you. How did I go from Christmas to Summer within a week? I'm strange. But regardless, I thought of this cute flamingo design and had to share it. I used a stamper for the flamingo, but you can do it freehand as well. Here's the tutorial!


Step 1:


Start off with a white base - I used my favorite "Alpine Snow" by OPI.

Step 2:


Use a stamping plate with a flamingo and some pink polish (I used China Glaze "Float On") to make a flamingo on each nail, with the legs by the tip. I used a little stamping kit I purchased with some Rite Aid rewards points I had. I think it was around $7.50

I will eventually do a whole stamping tutorial post once I have a bit more experience - so look out for that. :)

Step 3:


Now, I obviously messed up with the stamping and the skinny little legs didn't want to come out, so I made some grass along the tip of each nail using a skinny brush with light and dark green polish. It covered up my mistakes and really pulled the design together.

Step 4:


Depending on how neat you are, you may or may not need to do some clean-up, like I did. Then of course add your top coat!

Now, I do apologize for springing this summer manicure on you in the middle of November but when inspiration comes... :) Anyways, I hope you have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you soon! (hopefully tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment