Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ombré Flower Tutorial


Over on Instagram I participated in a Bestie Twin Nails with Rhianna (@rhis_nails) and I came up with a simple fall colored ombré design with a little flower. I actually filmed a tutorial for this and thought I'd share it over here too! So here's the link to the video, but I'll also include some short steps for you.

Here's the link to see the tutorial, or you can just go to my instagram to check it out! @polishandbeyond

1) Start off with a white base. It doesn't have to be opaque because its just to brighten up the colors of the ombré.
2) Next, use a red and yellow polish on a cosmetic sponge. I did two coats of ombré to make sure the colors showed up nicely. (the yellow I used is Julep "Lexie" and the red is Sally Hansen "Rhododendron")
3) Use a dotting tool in white polish to make a little flower in the corner of the nail, towards the tip. I started with a dot in the center, then did 5 dots surrounding it.

Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment