Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Cable Knit Sweater Nails


On to the second of three Thanksgiving designs for this year! Yes, I know it's not directly Thanksgiving related but it's what my sister is wearing for Thanksgiving. I'm OBSESSED with this look and I'll probably do it on my own nails sometime. Let's start the tutorial!


** I missed taking step by step pictures on her nails, so I did the design on a swatch wheel for you **

Step 1:



Start off with a light grey base. (Maybelline "Audacious Asphalt")

Step 2:



Draw a vertical line on either side of the middle of your nail.

Step 3:



Make two interlocking wavy lines to create the cable knit pattern in between the two vertical lines you just drew.

Step 4:



On the outer side of each vertical line, make a line of small diagonal dashes.

Step 5:



Add a coat of fast drying top coat to make sure your design drys firmly and doesn't smudge.

Step 6:



Finally, add a coat of matte top coat to make the sweater look nice and authentic.

** what'd you think of the steps being shown on a swatch wheel? let me know in the comments if you prefer on real nails or fake **


And that's it! I love how warm and coast these nails look! If you choose to recreate this design (or any other design) anytime within these colder months coming, use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see them! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment