Sunday, November 2, 2014

Charlie Brown Nail Art


I came up with this design a while back but scheduled to do it in November. Little did I know that OPI would be releasing an entire Peanuts™ Collection in the meantime. I didn't actually use any of the polishes from that collection (nor do I own them), but this is my Charlie Brown nail art — featuring his chevron shirt, the infamous football, and his FACE. Here's the tutorial!

Thumb•Index•Pinky || CHEVRON SHIRT ||
Start off with a bright sunshine yellow base (I used Julep "Lexie"). Use a pair of pinking shears (zig zag scissors) to cut a piece of scotch tape into 2 sections. Place the 2 sections on the nail, leaving a horizontal zig zag open across the nail.
I know it's a crappy picture, but I think it gives you the general idea of what it should look like. Use a black polish to paint over. Remove the tape immediately, quickly and carefully. Finally, top coat to smooth out the design.

Middle || CHARLIE BROWN HEAD ||
Start off with a nude base that matches Charlie Brown's skin tone (I used Fresh Paint "Coconut"). I found a picture on Google of Charlie Brown to refresh my memory on his face. Then, I took a black nail art pen by Sally Hansen to sketch his face on my nail. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. Granted, my design isn't perfect, but I think it turned out okay. Top coat to smooth the design out and add a nice shine.

Ring || FOOTBALL ||
Start off with a brown base (I used OPI "Suzi Loves Cowboys"). Take the same nude polish that you used for the base of Charlie Brown's face on a thin brush to draw the stitching on the football (the football in the Peanuts™ comics is black, but I tried this and you couldn't see it against the brown polish). I just drew the vertical line up my nail then added the little stitch lines across it. Again, top coat it to smooth it all out.

And that's it! I really love how this manicure turned out. If you decide to recreate this or any other of my designs, use the hashtag #PolishAndBeyond on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram so I can see!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment