Saturday, December 13, 2014

Purple Snowflake Nails


So I decided to do my first nail art challenge this month! It's the #WNAC2014 (WNAC = weekly nail art challenge) run by a few very talented ladies over on Instagram. The first week's prompt was glitter, but I never posted it over here. This week's prompt is SNOW and I love what I did with it. If you'd like a tutorial on this design, read on!


Step 1:


On a white base, create a purple gradient/ombre with a makeup sponge on all of your nails. I went over a couple times until it was as opaque as I liked it. (The colors I used for my gradient were OPI "Funky Dunky" - L'Oreal "Royalty Reinvented" - and L'Oreal "A La Meringue")

Step 2:


I did a little glitter placement for this step. I used some adorable little snowflake glitters I got from bornprettystore.com (you can find them here) and some little hex glitters I picked out from an L.A. Colors polish called "Sparkling Diamonds." If you don't feel like doing glitter placement you can just as easily paint some of your own snowflakes with a silver nail striper.

Step 3:


Finally, add a good top coat to make sure the glitters stay on and your mani doesn't chip!

I hope you liked this design and tutorial. If you have any questions about anything at all, leave a comment and I'll get back to you! Until next time! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment